Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Monday 22 June 2015

World League Round 3 is finished

Hi Year 2,

Wow what a whirl wind finish to the tournament.

I am sorry I haven't written a post in a while but I have been super dooper busy.

Here are some of the things I have been up to:


Coming back from dinner one night. At the back - Karen and Kelly from NZ and Mariana from Argentina. Across the from - Ayanna, Amy, me and Hannah.


On the bus for our tour on the one of the rest days. We went on a walking tour through the "old Valencia".


This is our group on the walking tour. This wall used to be the main gate of the city - it was a Christian wall to protect the city. Most of it was knocked down but this gate is left.

Did you know that Valencia gets more than 300 days of sun per year - how cool is that!


Inside one of the markets.


Yummmmm - look at all the cheese at the markets!! You know I love cheese :)


I took this picture from the balcony of the Town Hall in Valencia. A new mayor had been voted in 2 days earlier and he had opened it up for visitors for the first time in 24 years. It was packed and all the locals thought it is was very special to be up there.


Here is Emi saying hello to you guys. I have a video of her saying "Hello 2W" but I will have to find it and upload it or show you when I get back.


After our walking tour, a few of us went to the Bullring. While I don't agree at all with Bull fighting, the experience of going into the Bullring and learning about the very famous Spanish tradition was extremely interesting!!

That is me with a fake bull (in case you thought it was real).


There was a museum next to the bullring that we visited - this is a mini model of what the whole bullring looks like.


Then we got to go out onto the bullring. There wasn't many people around so we had the place to ourselves!!



This is the gate that the bulls come out.


Here Emi is pretending to be a bull...



Emi and Cheiko are hiding behind a wall in the bullring where the bull fighters hide behind because the bulls can't fit - you can see all the marks on the front where the bull runs into it.



We took this photo inside the bullring using Ayanna's selfie stick.


We then treated ourselves to ice cream. I had mango and chocolate ... mmmm yum!!


Here is a photo of most of the umpires after the tour.



The umpires bought me these candles and stuck them in pieces of banana as I was very lucky to celebrate my 50th international game on the semi final day.



Kelly, Hannah and I on the last night in Valencia!!


Karen, Emi and I were pretending to be rabbits because we had just found out that we had eaten rabbit for dinner one night :O 


This is Mariana and I with the captain of China and captain of Great Britain before one of the round games.


This is Caroline and I with the captains from the USA and Spain on the last match day.

I can't believe you only have 4 days left of school before the holidays!!! Get lots of learning in :)

From Miss Seymour

No comments:

Post a Comment