Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Monday 22 June 2015

Miss Seymour in Madrid

Hi Year 2,

I arrived in Madrid today. It is only a short 55 minute flight from Valencia. 

I spent most of the day FaceTiming my sister (Hayley) and my Dad, catching up on some washing (so I have some clean clothes to wear) and I took a long time trying to find a Post Office to send my hockey things home as I don't need them anymore. As my Spanish is not very good, it took a very long time to find the Post Office first of all!! And then when I did find it ... no one there spoke any English. I eventually understood (with help from a kind lady behind me who could speak a bit of English) that I had to go to a supermarket and buy a roll of glad wrap to wrap the bag in before I could send it. Then I couldn't find any glad wrap in the supermarket!! When I eventually gave up and left the store, I saw that they had a separate supermarket section next door for "cleaning and kitchen" products! It was very difficult trying to understand what the lady at the post office was saying, so I am hoping that my bag gets home eventually! Fingers crossed!!


I went and found a nice little Thai restaurant for lunch. This was my view - thought it was a cute building :)


For those soccer fans in 2W ... I am staying right near the Real Madrid Official Store.


I had amazing pizza for dinner!


And listened to some really cool traditional Spanish music from a group of men wearing large black sombreros (big hats) ...



And I thought this statue was pretty cool so took a photo to show you. Couldn't read the Spanish sign so don't really know what it is supposed to be.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring!!

Time for some sleep now.

From Miss Seymour

No comments:

Post a Comment