Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Monday 15 June 2015

Rest Day in Valencia

Hello 2W,

I got an email from Miss Stroligo earlier saying that you had watched my videos - hope you could see me!!

Yesterday I had 2 games where I was the reserve umpire which means that I sat on the bench and was the 'spare' umpire in case one of the umpires get hurt. I also got to walk the water bottles out at half time haha - I did a good job of that :)

Today was a rest day - yippee!! We had a meeting this morning for the "Shoot Outs" and then the rest of the day was free for us to do what we wanted. I went and visited a friend in a different hotel with my roommate, Hannah (who is in the photo below), and spent the rest of the morning sitting by their roof top pool reading my book - it was just lovely. We then went back down to the beach for lunch. I had the paella again - this time it had rabbit in it as well as seafood ... but they didn't tell me it was rabbit until I had eaten it ... hahaha yuck!!

We took a walk along the beach and got wet as a storm came in as we were walking along the boardwalk. And then we had ice cream for desert!! Yum!!

This afternoon, all the umpires had a table tennis tournament out in the park. It rained again ... and we got wet again ... so we moved the tournament inside the hotel in the corridor. Great fun.

Hannah and I are now getting an early night. I umpire at 1pm tomorrow with Mariana from Argentina - it will be Great Britain vs. China. I am looking forward to it - it is the last round game before we hit the quarter finals.

I have put some more photos for you at the bottom of this post - enjoy.

Thank you for your email Caitlin - it was so special to receive it from you and Imogen :)

Bye for now.

From Miss Seymour


A photo from my first game - Great Britain vs. Spain




Eating a chocolate ice cream today by the beach :)




This is Hannah (my roomie) and I in our second game - the Irish captain is in green and the German captain is in the white top.



Here is a picture I took of one of the games so you could see what the pitch looked like.




This is at the beginning of one of the games when the teams line up for their national anthems.




The view from the roof top pool today. 



I took this photo as I was walking along the boardwalk to the beach - I turned around to take a photo of the restaurant where we had lunch.



This photo is of walking along the boardwalk again but facing the beach. You can see the little umbrellas and the water behind it.



The ferris wheel next to the beach.




Our table tennis competition in the park. KB from New Zealand is playing Mariana from Argentina.





When it started raining we had to go back inside and we played a mini game on small table in the hallway of the hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment