Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Miss Seymour in Valencia, Spain!

Hi Year 2,

How are you going this week?

I arrived in Valencia on Sunday night and I have been super busy!

On Monday we had our fitness session, tournament meetings and team building activities. Lots of the same things on Tuesday.

Today (Wednesday), is our first day of games. I umpire tonight at 7pm (which will be at 3am on Thursday morning for you). I will be doing Great Britain vs. Spain with my good friend Kelly from New Zealand. I am very excited ... and very nervous!

The weather is absolutely beautiful here! And it stays light until at least 10:30pm at night time - very weird. 

Here are a couple of photos I took last night at dinner:


The view from the pier where we had dinner



Walking along the pier to find somewhere for dinner



An amazing sandcastle!!! Thought you would love it!!



My dinner from last night. Traditional Spanish meal called "Paella" - I had it with yummy seafood. Don't worry I didn't eat it all myself - I shared it with 2 other umpires.



This guy was looking at me and said to say hi to 2W haha.



Here is our group of umpires and umpire managers. There are 12 umpires in total and 2 umpire managers that look after us. From the left there is - Kelly from New Zealand, Hannah from England, Ayanna from Trinidad and Tobago, Caroline from the Netherlands, Karen from New Zealand, Mariana from Argentina, Amy from the US, Roachy from Australia, Me popping up at the back, Elena from Russia, Emi from Japan, Jean from Scotland, Cheiko from Japan and Renee from the Netherlands.


Be good for Miss Stroligo. I miss you!!

From Miss Seymour

No comments:

Post a Comment