Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Madrid

Hi Year 2,

I am just finishing up 2 full days of seeing the beautiful city of Madrid.

The weather, shops and buildings here are amazing.

I'll try not to bore you with too many photos - there's not many of me as I am travelling by myself - I managed a couple of selfies though (haha) just to mix it up!

Tomorrow I am off to Barcelona - can't wait.

Enjoy your last 2 days at school before the holidays.

Here are some of the photos I have taken of beautiful Madrid ...


The stadium for Real Madrid. They have 70 000 season ticket holders - that's a lot!! The stadium can hold up to something like 110 000 people but for safety they limit it to 80 000 people seated.


A selfie attempt in front of the Reina Sofia - an art museum. I'm not usually an arty person but thoroughly enjoyed my visit there. I even got some ideas for Art next term :)


This is the Plaza De Cibeles - the central square where Real Madrid celebrates it's wins. You can also see the magnificent building behind it - that is the Palacio De Cibeles.


Another selfie - this time in font of the Athocha Renfe (Madrid's main train station) - I will be back here tomorrow to catch a train to Barcelona.


The Catedral De La Almudena - HUGE Cathedral - it was amazing inside!!


Palacio Real - Madrid's massive palace!! View from the back of it in the gorgeous gardens.


This is the courtyard behind the palace - took this photo from up on the balcony of the Cathedral next door.


Panoramic view of Madrid from the Cathedral balcony.


Riding the "Hop on, Hop off" bus!!


Side view of the palace!



Beautiful gardens and parks like this are all the way through Madrid!!


Templo DeBod - a 2nd Century BC Egyptian Temple - was also very cool inside!!


The view from the lookout near the Templo Debod ... you can see palace and Cathedral!!




From Miss Seymour

No comments:

Post a Comment