Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Sunday 27 July 2014

Rest Day and 3rd Day of the Competition

Saturday was a rest day. I had a great sleep in (as the games were super late the night before) and enjoyed a big breakfast :) We then went shopping!! I bought lots of things at the Official Merchandise Superstore and a new hockey bag (mainly to take all my shopping home in lol).

I did some washing and other things that needed doing and then headed out to watch the Aussie men play their first game. It was great to see them score lots of goals!

We went to a local hockey club for dinner - they fed us a lovely curry - so yummy!

And today ... the marathon was on ... and all the runners ran straight past the front of our hotel - it was very cool - all the streets were barricaded off and there were cop cars, police on motor bikes, and helicopters and everything! The Aussie won the men's marathon which is fantastic!! I was so proud to be an Aussie when the smile overtook his face as he crossed the finish line (watched that big on the tele)!

I had my second match this afternoon at 4pm. It was a big game - New Zealand vs. India. Mum, Dad, Hayley and Ryan were all in the crowd so that was really special!! Nothing like having your family in the crowd to support you :)

Prince Edward and his wife were also at the hockey today ... lots of security around for them.

Tomorrow (Monday 28th) I umpire at 9pm ... huge, HUGE game for me ... top of the table clash - New Zealand vs. South Africa. I think it will be about 6am on Tuesday morning for you guys if you want to watch it on TenPlay :)

Hope you don't miss me too much ;)

Be good, from Miss Seymour


Wendy, Fza and I during the game this afternoon - New Zealand vs. India


The Kookaburras (Aussie men) in action against Wales yesterday


Some of the umpires on the bus on the way to the pitch. Across the back is Aleesha (NZ), myself, Hannah (England), Sarah (Scotland), Ayanna (Trinidad and Tobago), Alex (Scotland) and Wendy (Canada)



The "Big G" outside the Official Merchandise Superstore!

No comments:

Post a Comment