Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Sunday 27 July 2014

First game

Hi Year 5,

Sorry for my lack of posts. I haven't had a lot a free time over the last few days and I have had trouble with the internet on my computer - so I'm now using my Roomie's computer so I can share some photos. The internet in the hotel is quite slow and it is very painful to upload the pictures - so I hope you enjoy them!

I'll try and catch you up with what I have been doing over the last couple of days.

It was an early start after the opening ceremony last Thursday. I was the video umpire for the 11am game - when I sat down in my spot, I nearly fell off my chair because I couldn't believe that the Queen was on the screen - she had come out to watch the hockey game I was the video umpire on!! Pretty special :)

I then had to wait until the last game of the day to umpire my first match. I was on with my Roomie - Hannah from England. I was super nervous! We enjoyed the game and India beat Canada 4-2.

I was then the reserve umpire for 2 games (i.e. I was the spare umpire) on the Friday. It was good not to have the stress of umpiring or video umpiring.

And because I didn't have to focus on umpiring too much on the Friday - I had a chance to catch up with Mum and Dad and Hayley as they had come all the way over to be with me!!

We walked over to the "Glasgow Green" - which is like the central part of the games where they show everything on BIG screens and there's lots of food and games etc. We walked around, went on the ferris wheel (which was awesome), ate some lunch and looked around at what was available. There was this really cool Usain Bolt activity - I'll have to tell you about it when I get home. I have attached some photos of the time I spent with my family. It's really special to have them over here. Nicole arrives on Monday.

I hope everything is going well at school.

From Miss Seymour

P.S - Maddy - can you please tell your Dad I said thanks for the lovely email he sent me - for some reason I can't reply to it.


The Hockeyroos against Malaysia in their first game



Mum, Dad, Hayley and Ryan (Hayley's travelling buddy) filling out legacy tags at Glasgow Green




My legacy tag - I'll tell you about this when I get back




Myself, Mum and Ryan before getting on the ferris wheel.




Dad and I on the ferris wheel!




No comments:

Post a Comment