Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Monday 21 July 2014

I'm here!!

Woo hoo!!

It's wonderful here. I love it! Everyone is in a good mood all the time (except for me at the moment as I'm sooooooooooo tired lol) and so unbelievably friendly. We all have something in common to talk about and excitement is building.

It has been a very, very long time since I have slept in a bed. It is 9:45pm at the moment on Monday night - it is 6:45am at home in Sydney. I have not slept properly since Saturday night - which means, apart from a couple of naps on the plane, I have been awake roughly for 48 hours. I couldn't really hold a conversation at dinner tonight. I'm in bed now writing this and am looking forward to some sleep.

We arrived at Glasgow International airport at 8.30am this morning. I was on the same flight as 5 other umpires so it was good to see some familiar faces when I got off. We were met by some lovely Scottish people (who all sound like Mrs Cameron - and sometimes I don't understand what they say even though they are speaking English lol) - and one lady even gave us all hugs lol (no idea who she was)!

We were taken to our hotel and had a chance to look around the Glasgow city centre before going to try on and pick up our uniforms - this process took over 2 hours!!! The uniforms are fantastic though :) I will take a photo when I am in the gear and post it up for you to see.

Tomorrow is a big day. Breakfast at 7:45am. We leave for the fields at 8:30am and have an umpires briefing from 9am-12pm. We have further meetings and fitness testing in the afternoon and into the night.

Time for sleep.

Have a great day,

Miss Seymour

(I do have some photos but they are taking way too long to upload - a job for another day - sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment