Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Sunday 27 July 2014

Opening Ceremony

Oh what a night it was!!

It was the most unbelievable experience ... I feel so blessed to have been a part of it.

We got all dressed up in our official uniforms and headed off on the bus - it was stinking hot ... and excitement filled the air in Glasgow.

With our special passes, we didn't have to line up for too long and our seats were pretty good :) We saw Rod Stewart and Ian Thorpe AND the Queen and of course all the athletes. It was one big party.

I had to video umpire at 11am the next day so unfortunately I had to leave a little before the end but I watched the end of it on the TV when I got back to the hotel.

Enjoy the pictures :)


Hannah (my Roomie) and I on the bus on the way to the Opening Ceremony




Outside the stadium of the Opening Ceremony




Eating our dinner from the snack boxes they gave us before it all started




Watching Ian Thorpe get his make up done before he got interviewed




We sat right next to all the participating country's flags




My good Scottish friend Sarah Wilson :)




During the Opening Ceremony!




How cool is this shot! Couldn't believe I got it on camera because it all happened so fast!




The Queen!!! Look how close we were to her!! She's amazing!




Team Australia about to walk out




Team Australia walking out




These are the 4 Hockey Australia officials - myself, Minka (the Umpires Manager), Tammy (a judge) and Adam (umpire)




Hannah and I during the Opening Ceremony




A group of the umpires getting excited during one of the breaks!


No comments:

Post a Comment