Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Saturday 6 August 2016

Miss Seymour at the Olympics

Hello OLHC!!

I am here in Rio and having so much fun :)

I arrived last Tuesday night and then I had meetings all day Wednesday and Thursday. On Thursday night we went and got our uniforms (the whole process took 7 hours!!!!). We had a practice run through on Friday morning and the Opening Ceremony was on Friday night. It was the most amazing experience.

The hockey started today! It was a wonderful atmosphere out at the fields.

I umpire my first game tomorrow (Sunday) at 11am (it will be about midnight Sunday for you at home) - Japan vs. India. I can't wait!!

Here are some photos I have taken so far ...


The women's umpiring team on our way to our first meeting on Wednesday morning


Our little monkey friends that are everywhere at both the accommodation and the hockey!


Lining up for our uniforms!


Some of the presents I have received so far - check out what is written on the M&Ms! 


All of the gear we have to wear during the Olympics.


My two "besties" in front of the Olympic Rings at the pitch - Amber from New Zealand and Sarah from Scotland - Year 3, you wrote them both letters last year when you were in Year 2.


With my besties out on the beautiful Olympic pitch


A photo of the corner flag and the pitch behind it - doesn't it look just magnificent!


All dressed up for the Opening Ceremony - this is Adam - one of Australia's 3 mens umpires from Brisbane


These are my roomies (ladies I am living with for the next 3 weeks) - Sarah from Scotland and Fanneke from The Netherlands


Amber, Sarah and I ready for the Opening Ceremony 


My friend Lim from Singapore!


In the stadium right before the Olympic Ceremony began ...


Enjoying the Opening Ceremony :)



I hope you are all behaving yourselves back at school!

Love from Miss Seymour xx

No comments:

Post a Comment