Junior World Cup 2013

Junior World Cup 2013
Photo with co-umpires last year at the Junior World Cup in Germany

Monday 8 August 2016

Miss Seymour umpires her first Olympic Hockey Game!

Good morning OLHC,

Yesterday I umpired my first hockey game at the Olympics. It was Japan vs. India. It was an exciting game and ended up in a draw. The score was 2-2.

I was very nervous but I enjoyed it.

It was very special to have my sister and her boyfriend Will in the crowd cheering me on!!

I have lots of photos to share with you below.

Tonight (Monday) I am 'reserving' at 8:30pm (9:30am your time on Tuesday morning). This means that I have to get dressed ready and sit on the sideline in case one of the umpires on the game gets injured.

Tomorrow is a rest day (only the men play) and we are hoping to go into Cococabana Beach to have a look around. If we do, I will take some photos to share with you.

My next game is on Wednesday at 12:30pm. I am umpiring Germany vs. Korea. This will be at 1:30am on Thursday morning in Sydney - a bit early for you to be up watching!! If any of your Mums and Dads have the Channel 7 Olympic app on their computers or iPads, you can go back and watch the replay of my games.

I hope everything is going well in Rosemeadow. I heard you all had fun on the Walkathon!

A special hello to my Kinder friends :)

From Miss Seymour

These two pictures were taken before my first game ... I umpired with Kelly from New Zealand who is on the left and Soledad from Argentina was our 'reserve'.



This is Kelly and I walking out onto the pitch ...


My sister took this picture during the game. The teams are setting up for a 'Penalty Corner'.


Another 2 shots from my game ... 



I went over to say hello to my sister after the game and she took these two photos ...



 I was also lucky enough to go and see some other sports yesterday. I went to the Rugby 7s quarter final match between NZ and the USA.



And then I saw the Australian Women's Basketball team beat Turkey ... Amazing!








No comments:

Post a Comment